ALVSCE Strategic Plan
Goals in the Three Mission Areas
- Offer applied degrees that put science to work.
- Expand undergraduate degree enrollment for students beyond the Tucson campus.
- Expand community college transfer opportunities and increase degrees awarded to transfer students.
- Enhance CALS recruitment.
- Increase retention, persistence and graduation.
- Enhance career development.
- Increase financial support for instructional excellence.
- Promote faculty teaching excellence.
- Graduate student instruction
- Build on existing research strengths.
- Identify and invest in CALS research infrastructure needs.
- Define and measure productivity and resource generation for research.
- Expand communication on research activities.
- Build tech transfer, intellectual property development, external business relations/development.
- Excellence in integrated CES research and education programs that improve lives, communities, and the economy (4-H YD, FCHS, ANR, FRTEP).
- Demonstrate and communicate the positive economic and social impacts of the CES programs.
- Invest CES resources in a strategic manner to address priorities and critical needs in Arizona and globally.
Strategic Plans in...
- Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Department of Agricultural Education, Technology and Innovation
- Department of Biosystems Engineering
- Department of Entomology
- Department of Environmental Science
- Norton School of Human Ecology
- School of Natural Resources and the Environment
- School of Nutritional Sciences and Wellness
- School of Plant Sciences