DEI is a growth journey that requires conscious effort. There are many resources to support your growth journey. The University’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion recommends several self-paced learnings through LinkedIn Learning, which is free to all benefits-eligible faculty and staff. There are also many other short courses on LinkedIn Learning by searching “DEI” through your UAccess Edge account.
- Unconscious Bias with Stacey Gordon
- Communicating about Culturally Sensitive Issues with Dr. Daisy Lovelace
- Using Gender Inclusive Language with Lori Nishiura Mackenzie
- Dealing with Microaggression as an Employee with Toni Lowe
- Confronting Bias: Thriving Across Our Differences with Arianna Huffington and Verna Myers
ALVSCE also recommends that all search committee members for either faculty or staff positions watch one or both of the following trainings on unconscious bias.
- Understanding Unconscious Bias (2:59 minutes): available through YouTube by The Royal Society
- Uncovering Unconscious Bias in Recruiting and Interviewing-LinkedIn (51 minutes): available in UAccess EDGE Learning by LinkedIn,
The University and its departments offer many events throughout the year to learn more about DEI. Please watch for announcements of events on this website, at the University’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and email announcements from other colleges and departments.